Back to Your Roots Farm Fair at Chattahoochee Nature Center on Saturday, April 4th from 10am-3pm.
Kick off your spring break stay-cation at this green themed event designed as a ‘festival centered on our suburban community garden at the Chattahoochee Nature Center in Roswell, Georgia. The Captain Planet Foundation, AJC, City of Roswell, and GoGo SqueeZ are sponsoring this event to kick-off Earth Month (replacing Earth Day Kids Fest). We’ve invited local groups to make this a full day of green-thumb; farm activities that will get you ‘back to earth’ to enjoy the sunshine.
So bring your kids (and big kids), wear your boots, get in touch with your roots and celebrate these first days of spring while playing in the dirt as we kick off Earth Month! This festival is all about the fun of connecting to gardening and farm fundamentals!
Learn more about the farm-to-table movement and meet….
- Adorable Farm Animals from Farmer Sue’s The Art Barn
- Farmer Jason performing Nature Jams Music
- Purchase Native Plants: vegetables, perennials, shrubs groundcovers or trees
- Shop and Meet Eco-Friendly Vendors including Skolex Biotechnologies; Nature Products of America; Big Time Tea Company; Webbington’s Jams, Jellies and Preserves; Creekview Family Chiropractic; Slow Food Atlanta/Lexicon of Sustainability; Kathy Walton Arts: Fidelity Farm & Garden ; Gorman Chiropractic; City of Roswell/Keep Roswell Beautiful ; Kudzu Kottage ; Centennial Group Sierra Club; Georgia Grinders Premium Nut Butters; Nature’s Veranda and Right2KnowRight2Grow
- PLUS Captain Planet Foundation; Zoo Atlanta; Moore Farms and Friends; Mushroom Club of Georgia; Clay Collective; and Dances with Bees
- Tour the Unity Garden* where produce is donated to the local food pantry
- Enjoy Science of Spring Activities in the Discovery Center
- Farm Fun with Hands-On Activities
- Face Painting, Composting Demos and Outdoor Games to play
Whole Foods Market; King of Pops; Happy Belly Curbside Kitchen and OnTapa the World Food Trucks will be on hand serving delicious cuisine, so prepare to picnic!
Learn about the Unity Garden where community volunteers plant and harvest tons of produce for the North Fulton Community Charities Food Pantry. If you have a surplus of produce this year, consider donating it to the needy. [We’ve already donated over 16 TONS of produce! In fact, just this week, 55 lbs of Collards; Bok choi; Arugula and Mizuna were harvested by volunteers from Life University and YMSL Milton. Your group can volunteer here to plant or harvest in this high producing community garden; contact our horticulturalists. We’d like to keep the ‘love’ of gardening momentum growing; while contributing to keeping our community healthy.]
When you come, help stock North Fulton Community Charities Food Pantry and be entered to win our Spring Fun Giveaway Contest! Please bring a bag of dried beans or canned fruit to donate! For every food item you bring in – you get a chance to enter a Spring Fun Giveaway Package from CNC!
Spring Fun Giveaway Packages:
- Guided Canoe Trip for 2
- 2 Tickets to Sunset Sips
- Garden Starter Kit (includes vegetable Seedlings)
All of this is included with General Admission/CNC Members Free
For additional Information, contact Rebecca Gilbert: email@example.com. or 770-992-2055 x 236 or visit http://chattnaturecenter.org/special-events/family-fun-days/.