Keep Cobb Beautiful staff is offering local youth the opportunity to join the Associate Board Member program, which is an excellent chance to explore the benefits of working with a non-profit organization to educate, beautify and improve our environment. It also gives youth hands-on experience implementing programs and hosting events. These activities will build community service hours and add an excellent highlight to college resumes.
Associate board members will sit on KCB’s board, participate in various committees, help organize and run events and represent the organization at luncheons and ceremonies. They may also qualify for college scholarships that will be awarded to the top achievers and engaged members.
To be eligible, participants must:
- Be a current Cobb County resident and student (high school junior or senior or attend college in Cobb)
- Be at least 16 years old (at the time of application)
- Have an interest in environmental or community service
- Be able to pledge a total of 35 hours to KCB
- Be able to commit for the duration of the term, October through May
- Have leadership skills, including the ability to interact with local politicians, legislators and other community leaders
Completed applications must be submitted by Friday, Sept. 26. The top candidates will be notified by Oct. 3, so they can attend the Board of Directors meeting Oct. 7. To download the application, click here or visit facebook.com/keepcobbbeautiful