EAST COBBER, publisher of the EAST COBBER monthly paper and the annual EAST COBBER Community Guide extends its mission of building a sense of community by establishing a hometown tradition of a community parade and festival. As the producers of the first parade and festival in East Cobb County, the EAST COBBER aims to establish a strong network between schools, businesses, government and clubs to create a showcase event and annual tradition for East Cobb County.
The EAST COBBER Parade and Festival aims to builds a sense of community and reinforce East Cobb’s status as one of the best places to live in the Atlanta area by giving thanks and special tribute to those who contribute to the quality of life in East Cobb: such as, principals, schools, clubs, elected officials, and civic leaders.
Overall, the objectives of this special event are as follows:
- Spotlight the people who contribute to the quality of life in East Cobb County.
- Provide opportunities for various groups of the community to interact.
- Boost the image of East Cobb to external audiences as well as to help East Cobb residents feel good about living in East Cobb.
- Celebrate the arts by providing a showcase for local fine arts performers and groups at the Festival.
- Promote economic development by providing local businesses with an event that demonstrates their community support and allows company personnel to interact with prospects and customers.
Because the EAST COBBER Parade & Festival is privately funded, contributions from local businesses are vital to keeping this tradition alive in East Cobb County.
EAST COBBER Parade 2013 Details:
Date: Saturday, September 21, 2013
Official Parade Start: 10am start
Staging Area: Mt. Bethel Elementary School, 1210 Johnson Ferry Road, Marietta, GA 30068
Parade Route: Parade travels one mile south from Princeton Lakes Drive to Fountains of Olde Towne Shopping Center, 736 Johnson Ferry Road.
Road Closure: *Johnson Ferry Road from Lower Roswell Road to Roswell Road will shut down at approximately at 9:45am
Friday, August 2, 2013 – Application Deadline