Calling all youth Saturday, February 22, for the Cobb Alcohol Taskforce Youth Council Summit.
The goal of the Youth Council Summit is to bring together a diverse and representative group of young leaders in
Cobb County who are interested in making a difference in their community.
The event provides youth-led “hands-on” leadership skill building activities and projects. Help us shape a collective youth voice to lead the way for local underage and youth binge drinking prevention efforts
- Learn about the Cobb Alcohol Taskforce Youth Council
- Understand local underage and youth binge drinking realities
- Have fun with community peers who support alcohol and drug-free lifestyles
- Be empowered to make a change in your community
- Learn about two youth-led community service projects and about how you can use your Sources of Strength amongst yourself and your peers
- Create project implementation plans to be completed in teams, by end of April 2014
What you Get:
- A light breakfast and lunch
- Tshirt with the Cobb Alcohol Taskforce Youth Council logo
- Certificate of participation, along with documentation for five community service hours.
- Drawings for other cool prizes (gift cards, etc.)
- Additional community service hours will be provided upon completion of optional self-directed projects, to be selected.
To register, click HERE.