Thank you to the Cobb County Police Department, Precinct 4, for this information:
The residential jewelry burglaries in 417 Beat (Johnson Ferry and Paper Mill Rd area) from August to late September have stopped. This may be credited to the investigative efforts of tracking down the rental vehicle to Ft. Lauderdale FL. and making contact with the lessee. This has not led to the identity of the actual offender and the investigation is ongoing.
For the past 40 days our residential burglaries were scattered, with the highest amount in the south west part of Pct 4. (Beat 416 and 414)
The apartment communities in the 416 Beat areas of Delk Rd and Bentley Rd had our highest number of Entering Autos the past 40 days. That was followed by 415 Beat along the Roswell Rd corridor.
Catalytic Converter Thefts on Honda CR-V and Elements:
On 10/07 we had two thefts of Catalytic Converters from two Honda CR-Vs from apartment complexes on Roswell Rd. City of Marietta also had at least two reports of thefts from Honda Elements. Sandy Springs and Alpharetta have had similar thefts.
WHAT YOU, YOUR FAMILY, AND YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD CAN DO
Apartment communities are high traffic areas where at any given time people can be seen walking around. If you see someone loitering or acting suspicious who may be involved in criminal activity do not hesitate to call 911 and have officers respond to check the situation. Your eyes and involvement, even anonymous, can help us make arrests and clear cases.
The same goes for our housing communities. We need your eyes and willingness to report criminal activity.
Remember your Target Hardening tips:
• Lock doors and windows.
• Set the alarm every time you leave.
• Post alarm signs and stickers.
• Keep garage doors closed and locked.
• Do not advertise on Social Media sites when you are away!
• Use outdoor lighting on a timer.
• Limit potential losses by using a safety deposit box.
• If someone knocks on your door DO NOT IGNORE THEM, yell through the door that you are not interested and that they need to leave. Next call 911 and provide a description, ignoring them may result with your door getting kicked in!